I have been called many things because I am an introvert. I’ve been called shy, standoffish, snobby, weird, and the list goes on and on. I have noticed that since I have come to love, accept, and be honest about my introversion, everyone else has done the same. It still takes a while for people to get used to me, but I no longer worry about whether or not they like it or not. I love it and I love me.
For anyone who is not used to the behaviors of introverted people, here are some things you may want to know:
- There is no need to “break us out of a shell”. Certainly we have a shell and we usually like to spend time in it alone, but its our shell and we like it. If you are patient enough you may be invited in. By no means should you attempt to break it!
- Our need to be away from you should not be taken personally. You haven’t done anything to offend us. We just need alone time to think and recharge.
- We do like people. We just pick and choose the time we spend around them, and we usually like them in smaller doses.
- There is nothing wrong with us. Please stop asking if something is wrong and if we tell you nothing is wrong – BELIEVE US AND WALK AWAY
The main thing to consider is that we are just the way we are. Don’t try to fix us because we aren’t broken.
- 23 Signs You’re Secretly An Introvert (freshwaddabrooks.com)