Anyone who knows me knows that I love to toot my own horn. I also like to encourage the toots of others. I think is its very important to find things about yourself that you love and compliment yourself on them often. You should also not shy away from complimenting others. I have a proposition for all who read this post. Find at least 10 things you like about yourself and then find at least 10 people and compliment them on something.
iBourgie’s Ten Things She Likes About Herself
- I am a voracious reader. I have always had a love for reading. I will read absolutely anything. In addition to any genre of fiction, I love reading medical journals, magazine articles, textbooks, etc. Although I am an introvert, I have been able to use my love of reading to find something to talk about when I begin to feel awkward in social situations.
- My legs. No matter how much weight I lose or gain my calves always stay in shape. I got them from my grandmother. lol
- I am very silly. Most people are shocked by my sense of humor. Who says introverts aren’t funny? Once you get to know me, I will have you in stitches.
- My smile. It is huge and I can’t help it. I have a big mouth and I love it. I love it even more because I used to try to hide it and have grown to love it.
- I am generous. I genuinely love giving. Nothing make me happier than being able to do something for someone else.
- I don’t take myself too seriously. I make mistakes and that’s fine. So does everybody else. There is no need to dwell on them. I learn from them.
- I am forgiving. Without forgiveness, you are stagnant. I forgive others and I forgive myself.
- I know when enough is enough. I know my limits and I will not push myself past them, nor will I allow anyone else to.
- I can take criticism. Being able to take constructive criticism is the only way you can get better at anything. Not only can I take it, I ask for it.
- I have a great son! I can’t take all of the credit for it, but I had something to do with it. I am so proud of him.
Whenever you feel down, remember the things you like about yourself.